August 21, 2012

Rumtopf - plums jumping in

Plums before they jumped into the Rumtopf

It has been 5 weeks since, the blackcurrants were filling up in the Rumtopf, so the Rumtopf has just been standing still on my kitchen table awaiting some new fruit to move in. And finally a new red fruit was matured or grown up enough to jump into my little rum "monster". As you can guess from the headline, it is plums, which are in season now here in Denmark.

Today a work colleague of mine had taken a big portion of plum to work, which we were not able to eat, so on my way home I decided to "steal" the left-over plums and dump them in the Rumtopf. I will confess my plum "theft" tomorrow at work, so the work colleague bringing the plums will a part in Rumtopf.

Plum being a part of the rum "soup"


So after the plum addition, I still have the following fruits remaining on my list of "fruit list":

  • cherries
  • blackberries
  • perhaps autumn raspberries
A saucer keeping the fruit down in the Rumtopf
As usual I cleaned the fruit followed by weighing them, so I know the amount of sugar need as well. Afterwards I add them on top of fruit already in the rum "soup" topping of with yet some more rum. 

    Content in Rumtopf as of today:
    • Rhubarb + sugar
    • 580 g strawberries   
    • 290 g sugar
    • 318 g red currants
    • 157 g sugar
    • 160 g raspberries
    • 80 g sugar
    • 124 g white red currant
    • 62 g sugar
    • 475 g blackcurrants
    • 238 g sugar
    • 272 g plums
    • 132 g sugar
    • Rum, rum and yet some more rum 

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Your comment is my reward :-)
    You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.

    LinkWithin

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...