September 22, 2011

Risotto with asparagus and scrimps



I really like risotto :-) If risotto is on the menu card, when I am out eating, I will 8 out of 10 times choose the risotto dish. I also like to make risotto at home. It is not a difficult dish to make, however, I still have room for improvement on my home-made risotto. My risottos are not as creamy as the risottos, which I eat outside my little kitchen. Perhaps the restaurants are using more cream, than I am doing ?

I have found this specific risotto recipe on the back-side of a bag of risotto rice, which you can locate here: http://www.ilfornaio.dk/default.aspx?pageId=326. However, I have some modifications, which you can find below:

Risotto with mushrooms - serves 2  
  • 1 onion - minces to small pieces
  • 1 cloves of garlic - minces to small pieces
  • 2 stems of celery - cut into small pieces
  • 1 tablespoon oil
  • 2 dl risotto rice
  • ½ dl white wine
  • ½ l vegetable broth
  • 1 bunch of asparagus - cut into smaller pieces
  • 150 g scrimps
  • ½ chili - cut into small pieces
  • ½-1 teaspoon of lemon zest
  • 1 tablespoon lemon juice
  • salt and pepper
  • grated Parmesan cheese
  • basil - optional              
  1. Heat the oil in a cooking pan.
  2. Add the minced onion, garlic and celery. Fry for 2-3 minutes.
  3. Add the rice and fry them for 1 minute.
  4. Pour the white wine to rice. Let the rice absorb the wine.
  5. Afterwards slowly add the vegetable broth in smaller portions. Let the rice absorb the liquid before adding more. This cooking approx takes 15-20 minutes.
  6. Together with last portion of vegetable broth add the asparagus.
  7. After the last water is absorbed add the lemon zest, lemon juice, chili and scrimps.
  8. Season with salt and pepper.
  9. Serves together with grated Parmesan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...