I really like risotto :-) If risotto is on the menu card, when I am out eating, I will 8 out of 10 times choose the risotto dish. I also like to make risotto at home. It is not a difficult dish to make, however, I still have room for improvement on my home-made risotto. My risottos are not as creamy as the risottos, which I eat outside my little kitchen. Perhaps the restaurants are using more cream, than I am doing ?
I have found this specific risotto recipe on the back-side of a bag of risotto rice, which you can locate here: http://www.ilfornaio.dk/default.aspx?pageId=326. However, I have some modifications, which you can find below:
Risotto with mushrooms - serves 2
- 1 onion - minces to small pieces
- 1 cloves of garlic - minces to small pieces
- 2 stems of celery - cut into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon oil
- basil - optional
- Heat the oil in a cooking pan.
- Add the minced onion, garlic and celery. Fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the rice and fry them for 1 minute.
- Pour the white wine to rice. Let the rice absorb the wine.
- Afterwards slowly add the vegetable broth in smaller portions. Let the rice absorb the liquid before adding more. This cooking approx takes 15-20 minutes.
- Together with last portion of vegetable broth add the asparagus.
- After the last water is absorbed add the lemon zest, lemon juice, chili and scrimps.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serves together with grated Parmesan.